HTC Sync™ lets you synchronize Outlook and Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), contacts and calendar events on your PC with your phone. It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and the Mobile Network sharing function as well.
Note: This update is applicable globally for HTC Magic, HTC Hero, HTC Tattoo, HTC Legend & HTC Desire. (HTC Magic only supports contacts syncing.)
1. Support new models: HTC Legend & HTC Desire.
2. Support for Outlook 2000.
3. Support for Finnish & Portuguese (Brazil)
1. Hardware Requirements (PC)
1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
50 MB of available free hard disk space
USB 2.0 is required
2. Software Requirements – Supported Operating Systems (PC)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3
Windows Vista 32-bit version
Windows Vista 64-bit version
Windows 7 32-bit version
Windows 7 64-bit version
3. Installation Instructions
1. Click Download below to download “HTC Sync.exe” to your PC.
2. Run “HTC Sync.exe” to install it to your PC (Suggestion: Please close all running programs and temporarily exit your anti-virus program when you install the HTC Sync)
3. From your PC, launch HTC Sync, and use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC (if the phone is not connected to the PC there will be a sync failure).
4. On your phone, check Notifications on the status bar for the icon to confirm if HTC Sync recognizes the phone.
5. The first time you synchronize the phone, the Synchronization Settings Wizard will start automatically to help you set up HTC Sync. (If the Synchronization Settings Wizard does not start, click Synchronize now on the HTC Sync screen.)
After the first time, to start syncing your phone to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the phone and tap “Synchronize your phone with Windows” to connect to the PC
6. On your PC, follow the instructions to finish the wizard on the HTC Sync screen.
* If you have installed older version HTC Sync on your PC or NB, please uninstall the older version first.
* The installation process takes up to 10 minutes. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the installation program and do not open any applications or files while the installation is in process.