One of the useful feature of iOS 5, out of its 200+ new features is the ability of wirelessly syncing iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with iTunes. The guide below will let you people help to know the process to to enable Wi-Fi Sync in iOS 5 for the first time, so continue reading after the break.
How to Enable Wi-Fi Sync in iOS 5
- Install iOS 5 on your iDevice
- Download and install iTunes 10.5 on your computer
- A USB cable for the initial sync
- Your iDevice and computer must be on same Wi-Fi connection
- Enable Wi-Fi Sync on your iDevice by navigating through Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync
Attach your iDevice running over iOS 5 to computer through USB cable and open iTunes
In iTunes under the Summary tab for your device, check mark Sync over Wi-Fi connection and sync your iDevice through the usb connection
Disconnect your iDevice from USB cable and observe iTunes is still recognizing your that specific iDevice
Done! now you can sync your iDevice with iTunes wirelessly on your computer.