Since Nexus One is still new, there is no “one click root” available for it yet, but I’m sure the team behind Flash Rec will release it soon. Their app for Hero really saves a lot of trouble when rooting it.
In this tutorial on how to install and root your Nexus One using RA Nexus Recovery Image, I’ll use the fastboot method as given by Amon himself.
How to Install RA Recovery Image on Nexus One
Just follow the steps below to install the RA Recovery Image on your Nexus One.
Remember: You should have an unlocked bootloader to install the RA Nexus Recovery on your phone. See: How to Unlock Nexus One Bootloader
- Download fastboot for Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Now download recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img (RA Nexus Recovery Image)
- Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while pressing the trackball or see: How to Get Bootloader Mode in Nexus One)
- Connect your phone via USB to your PC/Mac
- Now run the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.5.3.img
- The first command is to check that fastboot reads your phone.
Your bootloader screen should now look something like the one shown below in the screenshot.
Post from: Sizzled Core